Sunday, October 29, 2006

Mena's Wedding

Mena was my bestest buddy during my time at INTI College but now we are both busy with works and our own life. So last Friday was her BIG day...finally! She has been going steady with Raja since our college days and I must say that Raja helped us a lot with our Multimedia Project...bardly hell...still get B+ only for the subject...so much hard works! That's beside the point, I'm really happy to see Raja & Mena finally becoming husband & wife.

I took leave on Friday and drove down to Ipoh with Simon...how ironic...considering the fact that I didn't really like him, I still go down to Ipoh with him...heck, since Mena only invited both of us from INTI College. Of course she invited others but they can't make it becos the wedding dinner is on Friday...everyone's working...sigh. So kinda give face to Mena, I still go with Simon...

Things got better when driving down to Ipoh, my aircon compressor "kong" and therefore, it is journey with windows rolled down...what's better to have stormy and rainy weather to go along with it? It was raining and we can't wind down the windows and have to bear with the stuffiness for most of the journey.

Finally we arrived at Hotel Casurina and it was a very grand wedding dinner compared to any other Malay's wedding that I have been to. Little that I know that Raja is actually the nephew to Sultan Perak and Sultan Perak was the guest of honour that night. Everything is very formal as the emcee has to speak using "bahasa istana" you know those patik, ampun tuanku, etc. Sultan Perak arrived and everyone has to stand up to show our respect. Then the lovely couple walked into the hall and I must say that Mena looks really stunning!!! I don't remember seeing her being so beautiful, what happened to my eyes all this while? They walked through the yellow carpet to their dining table...royal treatment for both of them as well as they are seated next to the Sultan Perak.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here comes the newly wedded couple

The dinner starts at around 9pm and we were being entertained with some dances and singing. There was this guy named Sabri something, he was doing some stand up comedian stuff and some singing of oldies in which he changed the lyrics to Bahasa Melayu and it was kinda funny...kinda remind me of Sam Hui :P

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Mr.Sabri doing his things

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The couple seeking Tuanku's pardon before cutting the cake

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Nowadays people are getting more advanced...it is not unusual to received cakes or chocolates as door gifts but the chocolates that I received during Mena's wedding is something I have never seen before so I'm kinda impressed with it...see it for yourself : )

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
They can print faces on chocolates...amazing...so who wants themselves to be eaten by someone else? Funny

Overall, the dinner was okay and we rushed home at 10.30pm and reached Klang at around 1am, just on time for a nice nap after a long day hehehe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home